Saturday, June 2, 2018


The Life
Review
Of
Robin
Ludd


A true epic in ten fantastic cantos

By © Anton Vendamenc, 2018




CONTENT

1.       How It began

2.       The Story+ of Grandmother

3.       The Story of Grandfather

4.       The Story of Father

5.       A Few Pithies

6.       With Hazel Wand in Hand

7.       The Great Loop de Loop

8.       Why First Armageddon Failed

9.       Back to the Wood

10.  *The Asterisk

11. The Door Facing the Wood









The Life Review of Robin Ludd
By © Anton Vendamencsh, 2017

1 How It Began

First
A definition
Of ’fuck
As in fucked up
As if by some magic
And discarded
As mere meat
A word
Most often used
By orphans
and children
No one knows
What to do with
An expression
Of a stuborn
And resilient
‘I’

My desperate
And become mindless
mother
fucked me up
(see definition of fucked up  above)
So to speak
A second time around
When she
Made love to
The young warrior
Fleeing the horrors
Of war and slaughter
As desperately
As she did.

So they found
Their escape
In a love affair
Which fortunately
Fucked-up
No children
But fucked-up
Memories
For me and millions
In millions of ways.

    That was nearly
    Over seventy years ago
    Toward the end of
    WW2.

He was young
She was young
I was a child.

    I saw
    But did not know
    what I saw.

At that time
I still believed
Father would
Survive
And return.
I screamed for him
Tantrums of prayers
When in bed
And alone.

    I did not yet know
    That he
Who had
    (So ordered by grandfather)
Fucked me up
    To pretend fatherhood
Was already dead
A bullet to his head
His pants full of shit
The compliments of
Disentery
And dirty buckets
That in one swell swoop
Dumped shit
In the Volga
And drew water
for the unfortunates
destined
to board and room

Neither father
Nor I
Knew that Mother
Making love
To a stranger
Stranded on a farm
In a God forsaken land
By some grace of God
(or Chance)
Would save my life.

Which is why
This (more than
personal) epic.

Mother’s shame
Shaven head
    Compelled
    Her Wehrmacht lover
    (an honorable man)
    To make place
    On the Wehrmacht truck
    So he and she could
    Make love once more

    Even as I
    A blind witness yet
    With anti-aircraft shells
Exploding above us
    Saw them do
    Whatever it was
    They did
    From the other end
    Of the hay loft
    Above the garage
Next to
The railway tracks.

By some glory be
To angst an fear
My life was saved.
August 20, 1944.
(Enlarge Picture by taking a spy glass
and look closely)

In my stead,
Max,
the white gelding,
A reliable
Maximilian of strength
(So I heard later)
Yoked to the wagon
Of grandmother’s sister
my aunt Emma
Was killed
By a plane strafing
Those who fled war
For some unknown
Hiding place.

Mother walked
With her shaven head
Before aunt Emma
For a whole month

    An embarrassement
    That cut off speech
    For the length 
    Of a life time

Thus, depriving me
Of hearing
The full story
Of grandmother’s history

Who dead by murder
Of her once husband’s
Second wife
Left her fate
To hearsay.

    So much of the story
    For the Enquirer’s
First page.

Of course,
This is a story
Of hearsay
And hind sight
By one
With no one
Remaining
To censor.


No comments:

Post a Comment