Saturday, July 7, 2018


The Life Review of Robin Ludd
By © Anton Vendamencsh, 2017

6 With Hazel Wand in Hand

So far,
Civilization
Means no more
Than rape of Earth
By vultures
Come to cities
Where humankind
Joins its fucked up young
Play scientists
And God.

The same Devil be
Its own government device
Made me lose
my virginity
At age eleven in a toilet
Of the Gdansk
Maritime University
Sheltering refugees
Fleeing the Ostfront
Bloodbaths

The last images
Of which
For me
Are the bellies
Of dead horses
Drawn by cranes
From the ship’s
deepest hold
And thrown overboard

To float
In the Baltic Sea
In sight
Of the once
Amber mines
Of sacred
Old Prussian kings
The Krihvi
Fortune tellers
Of the Balts.

The story goes
There was one
Such Krihv
Who sacrificed a boar
To throw it
Into the sea
And scare off
His cousins
The Poles turned
Christian invaders.

The priests
Of the Herders

(The Balts
Were not hunters
But earned their
Winter dress
At sacrificial fires)

Scared off
The half-Christian globalists
Because they were
Still half-pagans.

No such luck
In my time.

Now sailors with
Automatic rifles
Strafed the ribs and bellies
Of the dead horses
With bullet thuds
That ripped their midrifts
into rags
And let the spirit out.

Such the stage setting
Of my initiation rite
To sexual love:

My little prick
In the hand
Of an older boy
    War forgiving
him and me
our license.
   
In Weimar
I learned to say
”Heil ‘Itla” well
And watched
The theatre burn
Flames roaring from
Its arched windows
And a man
From a clearing crew
From Buchenwald
Falling before me
On his knees
Begging for
A bread bun
He had seen
In my shopping basket.

    Well indoctrinated
    (To better remember?)
I refused him.

And mother
Left alone
And desperate
Fucked me and
Father again
By way of
Making love
To a Luftwaffe Officer
Stationed in Muenchen
Come to visit
His parents
Who wore
The sign of the wheel
Of the counterclock Sun
But took no fear
Of the name Benjamin
Nor asked
Whether I was circumcized.

The desparing wife
Of Hans
In full panic mode
Wrote mother and asked
(I read the letter):
Do you wish
To break up my family?

If I was still unlearned
in life’s visiscitudes
I was learning fast.

Abandoned to the nth
I already knew well
How to make drill
With my hand
And spill piss and seed
Into a pile of sand
In the attick
(Put there
To douse the flames
In case
Phosphorus bombs
Fell through the roof).

    Hans, the pilot,
Came with us
    The night
    The bombs fell on Ehrfurt
    And we watched
    Dresden burn
    Two dark nights
Running

While Churchill
In London
Had an orgasm
Sucking
A Havanna cigar.

I knew by then
But was not 
Encouraged
By mother
To know more
 
That “Was du ererbt ....
Erwirb es, 
Um es zu besitzen”.

I swore
I would somehow
Learn to write
Well enough
And tell
What I had seen
But understood not
And what kill
As a half-wit
I had done
And knew not:

Offering seeds
To a hundred sparrows
In the rose bush
To come feed
On the trigger
Of a rat trap
Set on the path
To the cow barn.

What father said
But did not know
He would not live
To tell
But by way of
A son
He wished to teach
(at age five)
To shoot a toy rifle
But who
By the grace of God
Began to cry
And did not.

Even so,
by screaming
A tantrum of prayers
To keep father alive
And bouncing
All over the bed
I was led
To loathing and insulting
The love
That had passed me by.

There were days
I fucked mother
With wild tandrums
Good
And she
Uncomprehending
She had been fucked
For lack of love
By her son
Fell to the floor
As if hit by a stroke

Which son then
Ran to her side
And offered her
Sugared water
To drink
To cover up
His sin.

No father
Took me
To the whore house
Where orphaned girls
faked love
For one and all.
No mother
Seduced me
Or taught me
(When thunder
Chased us to hide
Under the same
Blanket)
To be gentle
With my bride.

War was
My guru starling
Screaming
From between
the cat’s paws
”Spare, spare
Spare me!
My nest is
Full of nestlings”.

God insisted
There was
No other way
Living death
Can be taught
To be feared

Except one learns
It brings
An end
To pain and fear
And unconditional love
belongs
Even to Ivan the Terrible’
Stalin, or Churchill.

Cindy said
I was a macho male;
Silvie said
He has such
A beautiful soul

And I was left
Wondering
Why the need
For love on Earth
Turns into
Its obverse
overnight

As when
The abandoned cat

(In post-Soviet Latvia
Its human relations
Gone off to England
To pluck feathers
Off parboiled chickens
In chicken factories)

Came in the night
Visiting me
Seeking a savior
And found an old towel
To die on
In the shed
Next to my
Countryside hovel.

Nor are the cat’s relations
Any better off.

Gone off to England
(Still an empire of lies)
The human drags
Die where they will

As forlorn
As the Lithuanians

(Once fleeing
Military service
In the tsar’s army)

Died and
Did not return
But remained
In Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment